How to Crimp Hydraulic Hose Fittings
Over the years, field-fit connections of hydraulic hoses have become a relatively outdated practice and have been replaced by crimping hydraulic hose fittings. Crimping sleeves and ferrules onto hoses creates a permanently attached fitting and allows for a completely leak-free assembly. And, as a result, can assist in prolonging the lifespan of your hydraulic hoses while also making for minimal environment and machine damage.
Why Crimp Your Hydraulic Hoses?
Crimped hose systems are becoming more widely used across numerous industries, and for good reason; crimped hoses create assemblies that:
- Perform better and more efficiently
- Experience reduced leakage
- Perform under higher pressures and temperatures
What’s Involved in Crimping Hydraulic Hose Fittings?
There are hydraulic crimpers on the market, which you can invest in and conduct the crimping of hydraulic hose connectors and fittings within your workshop. If you choose to undertake this, a basic general guide to the process of crimping is as follows:
1. Select the hydraulic hose type and fitting end connections.
2. Using the dies provided with your crimper and the data supplied by your hose and fitting manufacturer set the dies based on the diameter of the hose you want to crimp. Note that when setting a diameter, you’ll need to take into account the specifications your manufacturer provided you with to get the best results.
3. Crimp your hose using a CrimpForce hose crimping machine.
4. Verify the crimp dimensions once the crimp has been competed with Vernier callipers.
However, if you don’t have the capacity or capital to undertake the crimping of your own hydraulic hose fittings, Hoseforce is more than willing to take the job on for you and deliver excellent results every time.
Using a hose assembly procedure, we can determine the best way to manufacture your hydraulic hose assemblies, so they fit perfectly every time. It’s important to note that not having the components and not following the process the hose manufacturer has laid out may lead to poor quality results and poor fitment of hoses. Therefore, having a professional hose distributor conduct the crimping of your hydraulic hose fittings is for the best
We can determine what the necessary steps are that we will need to undertake to provide you with the highest quality end product that you can rely on to get the job done.
Count on Hoseforce
Since 2007, Hoseforce has been providing clients across numerous industries with solutions to their hydraulic hose needs, including the crimping and assembly of hydraulic hose and fittings. Aside from that, you can count on us to provide you with high-quality hydraulic hose connectors, fittings, and much more. Additionally, our products are designed to withstand the test of time and the incredibly harsh environments many of our clients conduct their business in.
To find out more about our range of products and services, visit us or give us a call for all the information you need. Our team are incredibly well trained and can impart knowledgeable advice based on years of experience and provide excellent customer service.